Due to the global outbreak of the Corona virus the Government of India has ordered a nationwide lock down for 21 days. 21 days inside the house can be unimaginable by us but it is mandatory for us to abide by this for the sake of the future of the country and the world as a whole. Instead of sulking about the situation and being on house arrest involve yourself in doing something productive. Learn a new skill, improve your health, lose weight, take care of your skin etc. 21 days is a lot of time that equals to 3 weeks. 3 weeks is a long time and is adequate to develop good habits. Then why not develop a good health routine for maintenance of your overall health. You can come out of your house after the withdrawal of the lockdown being a transformed and whole new health individual. You can set high examples of your health and encourage friends and family to join in. Spread the importance and need of good health as it is your only treasure and will keep your body safe from the attack of any external viruses and germs.
Here are some simple tips you can follow:
1. Limit your workouts to 30-40 minutes
2. High intensity workouts
3. Add a lot of protein your diet
4. Be sure to hydrate yourself frequently
5. Include carbs in your diet but in a limited amount
6. Lift slow and heavy
7. Resort to compound exercises which involves multiple muscle groups like:
• Bench press
• Military Press
8. Pick up a cardio exercise you love
9. Don’t do the same old routine everyday
10. Incorporate circuits instead of doing the same exercise do different exercises alternatively while your other muscles recover. This proves to be more effective.
11. Maintain a proper diet for effective results
12. Get adequate sleep for your sore muscles to heal
13. Drink lukewarm water instead of cold/ room temperature water
14. Add Amla & Aloe vera juice in your liquid diet
15. Breath properly during workout
16. Take pre and post workout meals properly
17. Keep sipping on coconut water during workout to maintain electrolyte balance
Word of Advice
If you don’t want to miss out on your weight training at home then you can pack a shoebox with bricks or some heavy weight (Water filled bottles) and use it as weights.